China Trip Day 2: Last Day in Taishan

Today we woke up at 6 AM to go tea with dad's relatives and family friends. Uncle came kinda late but we got there earlier than some people. 

It was pretty cool (not temperature wise) at the restaurant. There was an AC that uses ice I guess? Cuz you can see the cold air blowing out lol. 

The dumplings there was so good! That was pretty much all I ate besides some porridge. 



When we finished we went to the street market to buy some stuff. It was so hot I started sweating just coming out of the room. 

I was wearing wedges too xP Mom didn't pack my sandals >.> and tennis shoes were too sweaty. Surprisingly I was tired at all after wearing them and walking all day lol. 

Anyways we walked around bought some stuff for "bai sun" since grandma told us to do it. 

Then the grandmas went back in the restaurant and we went to the supermarket (more like a convenient store) and that's where we "lost" Andrew. But really he just went back in the restaurant.

We went to the bookstore where my aunty works and I bought some stuff. Well the HK aunty paid for them xD 

I got a pencil case and some packs of gel pens. I was just gonna buy like one pen of each but the lady told me to get the whole pack since it was like 1-2 USD for the whole pack. So cheap~ and it was good quality too. Gel pens here are more expensive. 

Then Andrew showed up lol. We went back to Uncle's car and went to my dad's parents' house. 

It was pretty cool~ 

We did the "bai sun" thing and went around to explore. 


There were a bunch of chickens roaming around lol. 

Then this uncle took us to his place to see the ducks~ Andrew used to work there when he was little xD scooping duck poop lol 

Here's the ducklings~ cute~ they were scared when we walked in tho xD 
Man the road to that place was so uneven and since I was wearing wedges I kept falling over. I had to hold on to Andrew for support xD Wrong day to wear them >.>

We went back a different way and it was waaaay better lol. 



There's a lot of dogs in the village. I wanted it pet them but they are so territorial and they said they bite strangers so I didn't lol. 

After that we went to eat lunch. We barely had breakfast. I'm not used to eating so much a day with the meals so close to each other. 

Then we went back to Uncle's house to get some stuff. 

We went to the salon to get our hair cut. We all got a haircut xD 

When the guy washed my hair it was so awkward >.> He asked me where I was from and I said America but he didn't hear me so I said it again and he still didn't hear me lol. So he just said you guys don't look like you're from here. 

Then he stopped talking xD 

After that I waited awhile for the guy to be done with other people. They were playing Heirs but in Chinses subs so I didn't really understand, tho I got some here and there lol. 

Then it was my turn and the guy split my hair in the middle xp so I told him it was to the side xD 

It was awkward >.> he kept like looking at me but I was trying so hard to not seem awkward or mad xD 

When he was done with the length this was our convo:

"It's not short right?"

*shakes head*

"Can you speak Chinese?"

"Huh?" I was "blank" for a second xD 

"You only speak English?" 

"I can speak haha"

"Oooh. Are you too shy? *smiles*" 

*smiles awkwardly back* 

Ivy was done but it was uneven so he fixed up ivy's hair before finishing mine. 

Ivy was like "I think he likes you. He was smiling when he was cutting your hair but not mine." Lol. 

Uncle took us to the mall while mom and dad was getting their hair done. 

We went to the bathroom first. 

Oh yeah all the bathrooms are the kind where you have to squat down T^T (at that city idk about other places) 

Good thing I had wedges cuz it made it easy to squat xD. 

Then we walked around a bit but we were all thirsty so we went to drink stuff. 

I got the Jasmine Milk Tea like always xD 


They came in mason jars~ cool cool~ lol

Then we went to eat dinner, but I was full from the tea xp 

It was a really big table xD 

The bathroom was right inside the room >.> I had to pee and I think people outside can hear me T^T

I'm getting pretty good at this squatting thing xD 

But idk how people can stay that long for number 2... Good thing the houses have toilet seats xD 

After dinner we went back to Uncle's to get our stuff for tomorrow since we'll be riding the train the Shanghai. Another long ride here we go. 

We still staying at the HK aunty's house xD 

And she made us this Indo Mie (?) ramen type thing except you don't have soup. It was good~ 

Oh yeah I sat at the very back of the car today and it was so bumpy that I actually got lifted of my seat xD 

Btw I hate how people can smoke in buildings >.> 

Comments