Home
When I step past my door frame, I get dizzy
Because it's the border to my comfort zone
The useless emotions that dirty my heart are covered with dust
If I get out of here, there's death
Because, more than the familiar sadness
I disliked the unfamiliar happiness, I threw away my footsteps
I worry that I'll become a pair of worn out shoes
Because the world, the time, the people put me on crooked
I forget
Like the heaps of newspaper and bills in front of my door
The thoughts and demands of the world
Don't leave them in front of me
This is my home, leave me alone
Just don't come in here
Now I cry without tears
Just like breathing, I cry again
The sadness that became a home
Though I try to take a step out, I cry at the doorstep
Without knowing, I cry
Do I deserve to be happy?
Why have I fallen deeply into shallow scars?
Living is like going through a hail of arrows
But why do I have such a big target tacked on to my heart?
Emotions run from one end to another
But for a slow-paced me, I fall behind and out of breath
I cannot hold my heart and lose the world
With happiness only few steps up, I raise each step a little more
For some people all of this would be terrifying
But to me, it's more natural than laughing
Crying is easy, just like breathing
The more you hold in, the more you let out
Let me breathe, sadness is my home
I want to stay here, in this place
Even if I go out to happiness for a moment
Now I know well that I'll always come back home
Inside my sadness that became my home
Can I invite you in?
-Tablo
Comments