To Infinity and Beyond

I was going to jot down stuff and feelings about the banquet, but I never got to. So now I am gonna try to write what I remember.

I was kind of wavering about going or not, because I didn't really know anyone. I only knew some names and some faces. But I mean, free food and it'll be the last(?) hall event.

It was formal, so I tried to dress formal, but I didn't really have anything. Every girl that went wore dresses and looked nice with their hair and makeup done. I was the only one with pants haha.

We went there and people were sitting at the tables with their friends already. There was three empty tables and we sat at one of them. To be honest, it was quite awkward because we sat alone. It took a while for the food to be set up. It was chilly. The decorations were pretty.

When the food was ready we went inside this room. When we came back out some guys too our table so we went to another empty table. It had exactly two chairs. How fitting haha. We started to eat and this girl from our suite came over and asked us if we wanted to join their group since there was only four at their table.

"I can carry your chairs for you."

We hesitated, but we went. I was touched? Surprised? Anyways at least it was less awkward now.

There was a photobooth and people were taking pictures. They wanted to take a 3rd floor one, so a girl called out to us. I was surprised because I've never seen her. How did she know we were on the third floor?

After that they wanted to take a suite picture so we went again.

The cheesecake, Ah the cheesecake. It was really good. Maybe it was the fresh strawberries, but it was the best I've ever had.

After eating, we went in to watch the slideshow. She wanted to leave already, but I want to watch the slideshow. It kinda annoyed me that she kept wanting to leave? But it's understandable because she didn't really care. I just thought it's weird and kind of rude to just leave after eating? I know we won't show up in the slideshow except maybe the group picture we took in the beginning, but I wanted to see what things other people did.

They seemed to have done a lot and had a lot of fun. It kinda made me wish I had been part of it. After the slideshow our RA wanted us to do this ice breaker called Touch. Where she reads a phrase and the people who are chosen to stand up goes around and touch the people it applies to. Everyone else were sitting with our eyes closed. At that point my roommate got kinda mad because she didn't want to do anything and said, "I told you we should've left earlier" all I could say was "I'm sorry." But was I really sorry? I mean she can leave if she wants? I never told her to stay with me. It won't even be the first time she leaves me.

Anyways.

I didn't expect much, because what could apply to me since I talked to no one?

I gotta say I was very surprised when at least one person touched me on almost every phrase. It made me think, "Are they just being nice and touching everyone?" (that sounds weird, but yeah lol). Some people tapped my shoulder, some poked me, some "massaged", and some kinda tapped a little too hard. I think the most memorable ones were "Touch someone you admire" and "Touch someone you wish you got to know better." I remember the former because that person put both their hands on my shoulders and I don't know how to to describe it, but moved their thumb (lol). The latter, it was because I didn't expect that many people to touch me. To be honest it made me kind of emotional? Like it made me feel like I was still part of the hall, even though I didn't do much with the hall. They still knew I existed.

Not everyone went to the banquet though. It was still a lot less than what I see at the hall meetings.

After that we left.


Comments