Week 10
There's this event called Tenth Thursday every quarter in the School of the Arts, where the final projects of students are shown. Someone came to class to talk about it so I decided to go check it out. I didn't go to all the events since it was late and I still had physics homework due at 12. I walked across the bridge with a couple of people from that class and they lived in Mesa, which is right behind the school so they went that way. There were people in front of the stairs talking so i went around to take the elevator. I went to the Light Sensitive exhibit where they showcased photographs and material research. It was inside the studio building of the grad students. The same place I was to intimidated to do last time when they had open studios. This time there were actually people there so I went in hehe. I like the paper they used to print the photos. They were really cool. I discreetly took some photos lol. Then I went to the Sculpture Studio building for the Repulse and Impulse (I think it was called, I don't really remember lol). It was like an abandoned parking lot looking place like in scary movies lol. There were some interesting sculptures. One was hanging from the ceiling. It was the red and blue electric wires with a brain and a small piece of the spine strung together. I thought it was really clever. There were only me, a girl and her parents there. Overall not many people came, either that or I was late lol. Anyways there was one with a suitcase halfway opened and avocados (ceramic) scattered over it. I guess the girl in there was the artist that made that one cuz she was telling--actually I don't know if they were her parents or not anymore lol--them about it. I left and was turning the corner and saw a black figure like thing on the wall from my peripheral vision and got shocked lol. (The thing on the wall I posted on snapchat lol) The person left the roll of duck tape on the tables in that area. It was interesting. I was going to go see the performance art which was about to start, but I decided not to since I heard it was ending at 9 ish. Kinda regret not going, but I got next quarter if they do it again lol.
I wonder what level classes those exhibited were. Basic or Advanced hmmmm.
I wonder what level classes those exhibited were. Basic or Advanced hmmmm.
| saw this outside, wonder what it's for |
| materials research book |
| horrible attempt at trying to take a pic |
| another materials research book |
| again a horrible picture i'm sorry |
| but you get an idea of how it was shown |
| there was supposed to be another sculpture one shown outside but the high winds recently delayed it |
| outside the SCS building |
Comments